Forex trading in Saudi Arabia has become increasingly popular in recent years, with more and more people looking to online platforms to trade currencies.
The Saudi Arabian economy is the 20th largest in the world and is also a member of the G20, making it an essential player in the global economy.
With such a large and growing economy, it’s no surprise that forex trading in Saudi Arabia has become widespread. The Saudi Riyal (SAR) is the country’s official currency and is pegged to the US Dollar. This peg means that the value of the SAR is directly linked to the USD, making it a stable currency to trade.
There are a number of different forex brokers available to Saudi traders, with each offering its own unique platforms and features. Therefore, it’s essential to compare these brokers before deciding which one is right for you.
Before you begin, you should learn a few things to make trading more enjoyable and, hopefully, more profitable. This article will cover what you need to know before trading forex in Saudi Arabia.
Table of Contents
Ways To Trade Forex In Saudi Arabia
Forex trading in Saudi Arabia is safe and secure, and there are no restrictions on foreign exchange trading. The Saudi Arabia Monetary Authority (SAMA) regulates the foreign exchange market in the country.
A variety of brokers are available, and you can trade forex in different ways. Here are the most common methods:
- Online forex trading platforms – The most popular way to trade forex in Saudi Arabia is through online forex trading platforms. These platforms provide access to the interbank market, where you can buy and sell currencies at the click of a button. This method simply requires a computer connected to the internet.
- Forex brokers – Another popular way to trade forex in Saudi Arabia is through forex brokers. These are firms that provide access to the interbank market, but they also offer other services such as education, analysis, and customer support. Most brokers offer online trading platforms, but some also have downloadable software.
- Retail aggregators – These firms also offer access to the interbank market, but they don’t provide other services like education or customer support. Instead, they focus on providing low-cost prices and tight spreads. Oanda and FXCM are examples of retail aggregators.
- Direct market access (DMA) – This type of broker gives you direct access to the interbank market and provides services like education and customer support. DMA brokers typically have higher account minimums than other types of brokers.
- Electronic trading platforms – These brokers connect you to the interbank market through an electronic trading platform. They often have lower account minimums and fees than DMA brokers, but they may not provide as much in the way of customer support and education.
- Futures commission merchants (FCMs) – FCMs are brokers that trade futures contracts on your behalf. They typically have higher account minimums than other types of brokers. However, they can provide you with access to the interbank market and other services like education and customer support.
- Spread betting providers – Spread betting providers offer a different way to trade foreign currency. Instead of buying and selling currency pairs, you bet on whether the price of the currency pair will rise or fall. If you predict correctly, you make money; if not, you make a loss. Spread betting providers usually offer leverage, which means you can trade with more money than you have in your account. Unfortunately, this also means your losses will be magnified.
- Contracts for difference providers – A contract for difference (CFD) is a financial product that lets you trade on the price movements of currency pairs without actually owning the underlying currencies.
Why Trade Forex In Saudi Arabia?
What countries spring to mind when you think about Forex trading in the Middle East? The United Arab Emirates and Qatar probably jump to the top of the list for most people. But what about Saudi Arabia?
The fact is, Saudi Arabia is one of the most important players in the Forex market. Besides being the largest economy in the Middle East, it also has the largest population. That means there are a lot of potential traders in Saudi Arabia.
The following are reasons why you should trade Forex in Saudi Arabia:
1. Strong and diversified economy
The Saudi economy is the largest in the Middle East and is the 20th largest in the world. Oil exports drive the Saudi economy, but it also has a large manufacturing sector and a thriving service industry. This makes the Saudi economy relatively stable and resilient to global economic shocks.
2. Well-regulated forex market with solid investor protections
The Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA) regulates the forex market and has put in place a number of measures to protect investors and ensure the market’s stability.
3. Large and liquid forex market
There are many banks and brokers offering forex services in Saudi Arabia, and the market is very active. This means that traders have plenty of opportunities to make profits.
4. Strong currency
SAR is pegged to the US dollar, which gives it extra stability. This makes it an excellent choice for traders who want to minimize risk.
These are just some of the reasons why Saudis are in an excellent position for forex trading. If you are a citizen thinking of starting to trade forex, then the investment vehicle is definitely worth considering.
Payment Methods For Trading Forex In Saudi Arabia
If you want to trade forex online in Saudi Arabia, there are a few different payment methods available to fund your account and make trades.
Here are the most popular payment methods used by traders in Saudi Arabia.
1. Bank Wire Transfer
This is the most popular payment method used by forex traders in Saudi Arabia. Bank wire transfers allow you to transfer money from your bank account directly into your forex trading account. This is a very secure payment method, and it allows you to transfer large sums of money easily.
However, bank wire transfers can take a few days to process, so they are not ideal if you need to make quick trades. Popular wire transfer companies include Western Union and MoneyGram.
2. Credit/Debit Cards
Another popular payment method used by forex traders in Saudi Arabia is credit/debit cards. Credit/debit cards are a convenient way to fund your forex trading account, and they offer fast transaction times. Additionally, credit and debit cards offer added security features that can help protect your funds.
However, using a credit or debit card can be expensive as there may be fees associated with each transaction.
Crypto is becoming popular as a means of making online payments. Many forex brokers now accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies as payment methods. This makes it easy to start trading forex, as you can simply fund your account with cryptocurrency and start making trades.
E-wallets are a convenient way of funding your forex trading account, and they offer fast transaction times. Examples of e-wallets include Skrill, Neteller, and WebMoney.
How To Trade Forex in Saudi Arabia – Step By Step
Forex, or foreign exchange, is a market in which different currencies are traded against each other. Currency prices fluctuate constantly, and forex traders aim to make money by correctly predicting these changes.
If you’re considering forex trading, we got you covered. Listed below are the steps to trade forex in Saudi Arabia.
1. Know the risks of forex trading.
Before you even think about dipping your toes in forex trading, you must understand the risks involved.
Forex trading entails risk, and there is no guarantee that you will make money. You could even lose your entire investment, so it’s crucial that you understand these risks and how to mitigate them.
2. Find a reputable forex broker that offers online trading platforms.
Make sure to do your research and read reviews before you open an account. When you’ve found a broker, you’ll need to set up an account and deposit some money into it.
3. Choose the currency pair you want to trade.
There are many different pairs to choose from, and it can be confusing for new traders. A good place to start is by looking at the major currency pairs, such as EUR/USD or USD/JPY.
4. Decide how much you want to trade.
This is known as your position size. Most brokers will allow you to trade mini lots, which are 10,000 units of the base currency.
5. Place your trade.
You can place a market order or a limit order. A market order will execute at the current market price, while a limit order will execute at your specified price.
6. Monitor your trade.
Once your trade is placed, it’s important to monitor it and ensure that it’s going the way you want it to. You can do this by looking at the price chart and seeing how the price is moving.
7. Close your trade.
When you’re happy with the results of your trade, you can close it out and take your profits.
That’s it! These are the basic steps of how to trade forex. Of course, there is a lot more to learn if you want to succeed in forex trading in Saudi Arabia, but these steps will get you started on the right track.
Read also about:
- How To Buy Bitcoin In Saudi Arabia – Step By Step Guide
- Buy Cryptocurrency In Saudi Arabia – Best Ways To invest In Crypto In Saudi Arabia
Where To Trade Forex In Saudi Arabia
The most common way to trade forex is through online brokerages. There are several online brokerages that accept clients from Saudi Arabia. The most popular ones are eToro, XM, and IQ Option.
Each online brokerage offers a variety of tools to help you trade forex. You can research individual currencies and make trades based on your analysis. Alternatively, you can use automated trading strategies or let the brokerage manage your portfolio for you.
In most cases, online brokerages will also provide you with a demo account. This is important because it will allow you to test out the platform and see if it suits your trading style before committing any real money.
Another way to trade forex in Saudi Arabia is through a bank. Most banks in Saudi Arabia will offer some sort of forex trading service.
Compared to online brokerages, banks typically have a smaller selection of currencies to trade. In addition, they usually don’t offer the same level of service as an online brokerage. However, they may offer more favorable rates and spreads.
Lastly, you can also trade forex through a Forex managed account. Here, you will work with a professional money manager, who will be the ones to trade on your behalf. You will simply need to deposit funds into your account and then let them do the rest.
The Best Forex Trading Platforms in Saudi Arabia
Established in 1974, IG is a world-leading online trading provider, with headquarters in 17 countries across the globe. IG is one of the most trusted and regulated forex brokers globally and is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in Saudi Arabia.
- Demo Account – You can try the trading app for free before committing any real money.
- Mobile Trading Apps – With IG Group mobile trading apps, you can take advantage of market opportunities wherever you are. You can trade CFDs on forex, indices, stocks, and commodities on your mobile device with their fully customizable apps.
- IG’s MetaTrader 4 & 5 – These are powerful trading platforms allowing you to trade on over 17,000 global markets.
- Customer Service – Expert customer support is available 24/7.
- Wide Range of Currency Pairs – You can choose from over 90 currency pairs.
- Spreads: 0.828 pips
- Minimum Deposit: $250.00
Founded in 1977, Interactive Brokers is a highly-trusted broker that offers access to a wide range of markets and products across multiple asset classes.
With low commissions and fees, advanced trading technologies, and exceptional customer service, Interactive Brokers is an ideal choice for serious traders and investors in Saudi Arabia.
- Wide Range of Markets and Products – Interactive Brokers provides access to a broad range of global markets and assets, including stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, ETFs, and CFDs.
- Low Commissions and Fees – Interactive Brokers charges low commissions and fees, with discounts available for high-volume traders.
- Mobile App and Advanced Trading Technologies – Interactive Brokers provides advanced trading platforms and tools, including the ability to trade directly from charts.
- More than 100 currency pairs – Interactive Brokers offers access to more than 100 currency pairs, allowing traders and investors to trade major, minor, and exotic currencies.
- Learning Materials – The platform provides learning resources for newbies and market analysis for professionals.
- Spreads: 0.600
- Minimum Deposit: 0$
XTB is a multi-asset broker with offices in 13 countries, including Saudi Arabia. The platform offers traders a safe and regulated environment to trade various assets, including forex, indices, commodities, and shares.
XTB offers a vast vault of resources to help traders learn and develop their skills, including a free demo account, educational material, market analysis, and daily news updates. Last but not least, it also delivers exceptional 24/7 customer service in multiple languages.
- Lowest FX Spreads – XTB has the lowest spread, so it is the best place to start trading. There are also no deposit or withdrawal fees.
- Mobile Apps – XTB’s powerful mobile apps give traders the freedom to trade on the go, with complete account management and technical analysis tools available at their fingertips.
- Customer Support – Friendly and professional customer support is available 24/7.
- Demo Account – The platform allows customers to create a demo account to test the platform and get a feel for how it works before investing any real money.
- Extensive Educational Center – XTB provides extensive educational content to help you learn about forex trading, CFDs, technical analysis, and market conditions. You can access this material through the broker’s website or mobile app.
- Spreads: 0.1
- Minimum deposit: $0
One of the most trusted brokers globally, Avatrade is regulated by six regulating bodies, including the Central Bank of Ireland, BVI, FSA, and FSCA. With AvaTrade, you can trade forex, CFDs, crypto, and more.
For forex traders who also want to dabble in crypto trading, the firm recently introduced the ability to trade Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum against the US Dollar (USD) on its cryptocurrency trading platform.
- Mobile Apps – The AvaTradeGO app is a mobile version of the web-based trading platform, with a simplified interface and fewer features. The app is designed for quick and easy access to trading while still providing all the necessary tools for serious traders.
- Wide Range of Trading Platforms – The firm offers various platforms and instruments, including Webtrader, Metatrader 4 (MT4), and mobile trading applications for iPhone, Android, and Windows.
- Customer Support – 24/7 professional support is available in different languages.
- Education – Avatrade provides a wide range of learning resources for traders.
- High Leverage – The broker offers several account types with leverage of up to 400:1.
- Spreads: 0.91 pips
- Minimum Deposit: $100
- Admiral Markets
Admiral Markets is a reliable and user-friendly brokerage offering trading in many assets, including forex, CFDs, metals, energies, and shares. The firm provides both retail and professional traders with cutting-edge technology and outstanding service.
Robust financial security and customer service are the topmost priority of Admiral Market. They are a regulated forex broker, offering investors access to the global currency markets through their online trading platforms.
It is regulated by Australia by ASIC, Cyprus by CySEC, the U.K. (by FCA), and Jordan (by JSC), which makes it a safe choice for forex trading.
- Flexible Trading Accounts – Admiral Markets provides Flexible Trading Accounts for investors to choose from according to their investment goals.
- Customer support – The customer service team is available 24 hours a day and can be contacted through phone, live chat, and email in English and Arabic.
- Free resources – The platform offers free educational resources, including video tutorials, webinars, eBooks, and trading courses.
- Mobile Trading Apps – Users can trade with Admiral Markets through the MetaTrader 4 & 5 trading platforms available for desktop, web, and mobile devices.
- Demo Trading Account – The Admiral Markets demo account is available for clients who want to test their strategies before investing real money.
- Spreads: 0.80
- Minimum Deposit: $100
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to trade forex in Saudi Arabia?
Yes, it is safe to trade Forex in Saudi Arabia as long as you use a licensed and regulated broker.
What is the best forex trader in Saudi Arabia?
There are many good forex brokers in Saudi Arabia, but there is no single ‘best’ broker. It all depends on your individual needs and requirements. Some of the best ones include IG, Interactive Brokers, XTB, Avatrade, and Admiral Markets.
How much do I need to start trading forex in Saudi Arabia?
The amount of money you need to start trading forex in Saudi Arabia will depend on a few factors, such as the type of account you open and the leverage you use.
Is forex trading allowed under Islamic Law?
Yes, forex trading is allowed under Islamic Law, but certain conditions must be met for it to be considered halal.
How does forex trading work?
Forex trading is the process of buying and selling currencies on the foreign exchange market, which is why it is also referred to as ‘currency trading.’